Sponsor

Friday 30 November 2012

Beckham shoots down Cosmos, Monaco links

David Beckham is finding out about his latest destination possibilities the same way his fans are, so it seems.

With rumors about his potentially joining the second-division NASL New York Cosmos as a part-player/part-technical staffer and recent reports of conversations with French side Monaco swirling about, Beckham played down the chatter, saying he was finding out third-hand like most everybody else.

"I've been hearing the Cosmos thing for the last two or three years," Beckham said. "No, it's not true. My manager has not had conversations on that side. That's definitely not true.

"I heard the Monaco thing on the way to training this morning from my friend in London. He said, 'Are you going to Monaco?' That was the first I heard of that."

Beckham has also been linked to Premier League sides Queens Park Rangers and West Ham and French side Paris St-Germain recently in addition to shock moves to other continents such Australia.

"I'm very flattered by some of the interest that I've had," Beckham said. "It's always nice to be recognized by managers and good managers. The fact that I've still got managers like Carlo Ancellotti, Harry Redknapp, Sam Allardyce, managers like this coming out and saying that they'd love me to play and they know how professional I am, it means a lot to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Hit Counter
Ultraflex Lenses