Sponsor

Friday 25 January 2013

Newcastle is the ideal club for me, says Moussa Sissoko


Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko has described Newcastle United as his "ideal club" ahead of his proposed move to St James’ Park.

The Ligue 1 side confirmed on Thursday that the midfielder is to travel to England to complete a medical ahead of penning a five-and-a-half year deal, with a fee of 1.8 million pounds believed to have been agreed for a player with just six months left on his contract
The player will become Alan Pardew's fifth Frenchman to join during the January transfer window after Mathieu DebuchyMapou Yanga-MbiwaMassadio Haidara and Yoan Gouffran, and the 10th on the club's books.

"Newcastle are a very good club, despite the fact that they are fairly low down in the standings at the moment. They have quality players and had a brilliant season last year. That is what motivated me to go to this club,” Sissoko told the club’s official website.

"I will get game time at Newcastle, and it is important for me as a player to play as much football as possible. I think Newcastle is the ideal club."

The 22-year-old has reportedly had many suitors in France ahead of the expiration of his current contract, but chose to come to the Premier League as it "suited his style of play".

Sissoko says will leave Toulouse with a heavy heart and thanked the club and the fans for their support during his five-year spell at Stadium Municipal.

He added: "I arrived here at Toulouse at a very young age. They have taught me all sorts of things on many different levels. I want to thank everyone, from the youth coaches right to the top.

"They taught me all I know and now I hope it will help when I go over there. This club will forever have a place in my heart’.

"I thank all the Toulouse fans for supporting me in the good and bad times during my time here."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Web Site Hit Counter
Ultraflex Lenses